An update on the arrival of the S2

Bit of news on the delivery of our new Telraam sensor.

As we’ve learned again and again, Hardware is Hard! :slight_smile:

We had opened a bottle of champagne on Thursday last week, to celebrate delivery of 40 devices from the first production run… to be disappointed the day after on Friday, after finding out about half of the devices weren’t working properly. :frowning:

It’s been a hectic week, but we finally found the issue (and solution!). Apparently, 2 capacitors were a bit too small, causing power ripple on a chip, causing infinite reboots of the device. We will swap those components and changed the design for future production.

Luckily no major delay (and no major costs) due to reworks, but it looks like first deliveries will be closer to April rather than March.

That being said, the new box and final casing look really nice, so we can’t wait to get this new sensor out there! Juuuust a bit more patience! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sure we’ll have plenty of stories to tell, and scars to share, on the upcoming hangout.

Don’t forget that the official launch is TOMORROW! We will still have a longer hangout here in the next few weeks, but if you really want to be first, then see you tomorrow at 12:30 (CET)

I understand that there are already a number of questions that have been submitted by participants which we hope to address in the session, but if you want to have yours answered and you aren’t able to take part today, then you can also post your questions here and I will try to get them into the session (if there is time).