Adding or changing your profile picture

Tried to add or change your profile picture on this platform, but noticed that nothing has changed? That’s because Telraam Talks retrieves some of your personal information (such as your profile picture and email address) from the Telraam dashboard.

So to add or change your profile picture, simply go to the Telraam website.

Open your personal dashboard.

Choose the edit option which you’ll find in the bottom left of the screen.

Here, add a profile picture (known as an “avatar”). Make sure to save your changes.

After that, reload your Telraam Talks page to see if your profile picture has been added or changed. Still no new profile picture? Logging out of Telraam Talks and logging in again will do the trick.

5 Likes

A bit strange, because in your profile you can change your profile background and something else with profile (not sure how it is called).
I changed the profile picture in telraam, it doesn’t change automatically when you refresh, but I guess that is normal.

1 Like

I see your photo here now - maybe it just took a few moments

I see you also changed your profile header and background - nice! They don’t show on normal conversations, but if you click on your avatar, your “user card” cames up with some basic information. The image is there (although only the sand shows). When you click again, you get the full details of the person, and their full picture - nice beach!!

Does that help?

1 Like

It was easy to add my foto. It s not an avatar.

Als (waarschijnlijk) oudste (68) gebruiker van Telraam is/was het toch effe zoeken in de verschillende menu’s om mijn profielfoto te posten.
De foto staat 90 graden gedraaid, maar ik kan hem niet “editten”.
Nochtans is de begeleidende tekst in de e-mail voldoende, maar waarschijnlijk ben ik te ongeduldig om alles eerst volledig te lezen.

Ghislain ik ben er 74. Dus je bent de oudste niet. Ik kreeg antwoord dat ik het zal moeten aanpassen in een ander program. Aangezien er nergens aangeduid staat hoe groot die foto moet zijn ga ik nu proberen de foto zijwaarts in te stellen als hij dan draait wordt het gecorrigeerd. BLij dat ik niet de enige ben die dit voor heeft. Succes verder Diana

1 Like

Toch leuk dat er nog wat “oudjes” bij zijn; wij zullen misschien het meest moeite hebben met het PC-gebruik; termen die jongeren (alles onder de 40 is “jong” voor mij) als vanzelfsprekend vinden bvb, maar met e.e.a. te googelen vinden we er wel een oplossing op, nietwaar ?
Ben benieuwd of jij je foto wel gedraaid krijgt.

Syncing your profile picture takes a while. The profile has to be edited in the telraam website but then it does not immediately sync it (Discourse also duplicates it to their server and needs to refresh it)

Donderdag persoonlijke support ter plaatse! :slight_smile:

En nog eens voor de zekerheid, geef aub commentaar he, ZEKER als iets moeilijk of veel gedoe was of als er iets niet werkt. 60plussers zijn de beste testers! :slight_smile:

dank u!

2 Likes

dank u voor het compliment

1 Like

zal ik zeker doen ! :smiley:

Hi, I see that my background had changed (the sand), but I also changed my profile picture in Telraam, where I can see it, but here it remains the old picture.

Thanks for this information - I am discussing this with the team at the moment and will get back to you on this

2 Likes

is wel heel leuk hoor, om leeftijdgenoten hier te treffen - maar met 75 ga ik jullie - @ghislain.vanherle en @dianabehets - toch echt overtreffen, ha ha :blush:

5 Likes

In case anyone was wondering, the original post above has the information on adding your photo to your account

This is controlled from your Telraam account rather than on your preferences here on Telraam Talks