Microfoon voor verkeerslawaai te meten / Microphone to measure noise

Hallo allemaal,

Sinds november 2022 ben ik mee in het telraam-project gestapt in de gemeente Brasschaat. Na enkele maanden kan ik zeggen dat ik redelijk enthousiast ben over het project en de mogelijkheid om er als burger mee in te participeren.

We weten allemaal dat een verhoogde mobiliteit voor de nodige overlast zorgt. Een verhoogd niveau van sluipverkeer zorgt voor een hoop drukte en vooral extra lawaai. Zeker als de infrastructuur er niet voor voorzien is.

Hierbij neem ik als voorbeeld de kasseiweg in de durentijdlei te Brasschaat (geen telraam aanwezig). Hier passeert wel wat sluipverkeer in een lokale weg type 3 dat voor de bewoners een enorm lawaai veroorzaakt. En waar zei terecht actie voor eisen.

Zelf woon ik een straat verder op een lokale weg type 2 waar veel vrachtverkeer de sluiproute neemt. Deze baan is voorzien van betonplaten met ook het nodige storende rolgeluid. Gelukkig is er hier beterschap op weg in de toekomst .

De laatste jaren wordt er terecht meer aandacht besteed aan blootstelling van straatlawaai. Een overbelasting zorgt voor stress en een verhoogde kans op hart- en vaatziekten.

Is het misschien een idee/mogelijkheid om aan de telraam een microfoontje te voorzien dat je met een klein kabeltje buiten kan hangen? Zo krijgt het bestuur ook een idee van het lawaai en aantal dB dat zich blootstelt aan de gevel van de woningen

Via geopunt zijn er kaarten beschikbaar met de nodige decibel-metingen maar deze zijn enkel beschikbaar voor gewest-wegen. Het telraam/project kan hier misschien een interessante toevoeging aan bieden.

Groeten,

Nick

Hi @storms.nick and thanks for posting

for the sake of a wider audience, I will add an automatic translation of your idea for discussion:

Hello all,

Since November 2022, I joined the Telraam project in the municipality of Brasschaat. After a few months, I can say that I am fairly enthusiastic about the project and the possibility of participating in it as a citizen.

We all know that increased mobility causes inconvenience. An increased level of cut-through traffic creates a lot of congestion and, above all, extra noise. Especially if the infrastructure is not designed for it.

Here I take the cobbled road in the durentijdlei in Brasschaat as an example (no Telraam available). There is some creeping traffic on a type 3 local road that causes enormous noise for the residents. And for which they rightly demand action.

I myself live one street away on a local road type 2 where a lot of freight traffic takes the shortcut. This lane is paved with concrete slabs with the necessary disturbing rolling noise as well. Fortunately, improvement is on the way here in the future .

In recent years, more attention has rightly been paid to street noise exposure. Overexposure causes stress and increased risk of cardiovascular disease.

Is it perhaps an idea/possibility to provide a microphone at the Telraam that you can hang outside with a small cable? This would also give the board an idea of the noise and number of dB exposed at the facade of the homes

Maps are available via geopunt with the necessary decibel measurements but these are only available for regional roads. The Telraam/project might be an interesting addition to this.

Greetings,

Nick

some time ago i had some contacts in Amsterdam where a project has been run - or still runs - that did exactly what you suppose - i have to search my files for details - that needs a bit time - will be back later with those details, OK?

1 Like

huh - those details where close by

this is a project of Waag Amsterdam
you can find it here Waag Sensor Kit

code and instruction to build find it here The Amsterdam Sound Kit

BTW @storms.nick my archive says 2021 - never the less - still actual - if you plan to build one give me call i will join you :grin:

3 Likes

I was also searching for options to measure road noise and found this Smart Citizen – Fab Lab Barcelona https://smartcitizen.me/
It looked promising so I ordered a kit. Unfortunately it’s produced in China. And besides all kinds of worries having to do with the Chinese government, it means shipping takes a lot of time, and when you purchase it it’s not clear what it will cost in the end because of taxes and duties imposed by the country you live in.

1 Like

Beste Nick,

Via het TTN netwerk kan je ook data verzamelen wanneer je de Lorasoundkit hebt.

De grafieken die ze daar mee maken zijn fenomenaal! (maar daar ga ik in de mist wegens teveel try an error)

Ik heb alle microfoons (MEMS) al liggen - de andere hardware komt volgende week aan. ( TTGO LoRa32 twee maal) .
Wanneer ze in bedrijf zijn kan ik er wel eens ene uitlenen.
Ik heb 2 telramen lopen in Lier, een oude op raspberry en de laatste nieuwe.

Wanneer je geluid van buiten wil meten moet je sensor buiten staan en dat heeft de kit die Marco besteld heeft nu net niet. Meet geluid binnen. (uiteraard komt geluid van buiten ook binnen …)

Ik heb ook alle hardware in huis om trillingen te meten … (tijd, try and error, andere projecten … werkt maar geen buitengebruik momenteel.

Een klasse2 dB meter heb ik ook waar je via een oude pc of laptop continue mee kan loggen, ook interressant op korte termijn.

Laat je via deze weg maar horen indien je iets nodig hebt of wenst te lenen.

Guy

1 Like

My LoRaSoundkit based AKIOT-Soundsensor is now working on my desk. Maybe next month I will install it on our Telraam Location Telraam | Dörpfeldstrasse in Berlin Adlershof. Currently some testdata (e.g. some test signals) of my delvelopment device are visible on openSenseMap.org

1 Like

The Soundsensor is now working on my balcony, but I have to find the right size of the solar panel for for uninterrupted operation. With my Logstash based forwarder the noise data are send to the sensor.community API, see Getting noise data into sensor.community - #6 by Roland - Feature Requests - Forum Sensor.Community

1 Like

This project is a good experience for a solar panel based project. Today I switched the solar panel from a 6W to a 9W version. Hope that the 3000 mAh battery will be loaded with enough energy for the night.

It is very interesting for me, what solar panel and which battery capacity will be used in the upcoming Telraam outdoor device

maybe you know this one already via Mastodon

1 Like