Is it possible to have the speed information per directions

Hi,

My telraam is place close to a intersection. So, the cars coming in the street have a lower speed than the cars arriving to the crossroads. I am concern about the speed of the cars in our street because we do not have sidewalks or bike lines. For me it will be really use full to have the speeds split in directions.

Is is possible?

Best regards
Abelardo

1 Like

This is an interesting question @abelardo.gonzalez.di , and I understand your context.

Unfortunately, the current device (V1) doesn’t allow us to offer separate speed indications for vehicles as the data is all aggregated. This is in part to ensure the number we report is accurate for as many locations as possible - since it relies on having sufficient measurements / volume of traffic, and some streets, and some directions, will be low volumes.

With the launch of S2 we will be able to track the average speed of vehicles in each direction separately in the database. However, even though the data will be available in the back-end, it will not be available in the website dashboard as the majority of devices we support will still be V1s and not have this facility (so showing it will be complex and limited to S2 device owners).

We will hopefully be able to make this available to our network clients running networks of S2 devices via their API access instead.

Although we may not be able to help you today, we will hopefully make this more generally available eventually to all our members.

3 Likes

Hi Rob,

Many thanks. Speed is one of my mayor concerns (mainly for safety). For me is fine to use a specific API to retrieve the data.

Best regards
Abelardo

1 Like