Configuration backup?

Hello all,
my telraam went offline and I suspect the SD card is broken (running an fsck showed loads of errors and currently running a badblocks on the SD card… )
I was wondering if it is possible to just take a backup copy of some config files, so I can flash the firmware (already found on the website) on a new SD card and put those files there so I don´t have to run through the whole configuration process again?

after some extensive testing of the SD card and even running memtester I still have not found what could be the culprit… reflashed the SD card again with the firmware and re-ran the installation…
Now it works again… still might opt to go for the dev firmware or something to be able to do a clean shutdown (a button would be handy like last weeks planned power outage… to shut it down cleanly beforehand, but in this case mine stopped working a couple days before)
Nevertheless thinking to just unplug it later and take a full backup of the SD card in case this corruption returns… :frowning:

Hi @GeertG - just wanted to say that I’m reading this with interest, but as a community person and not a technical one, I am totally lost in the details. However, I have passed this on to my more technical colleagues and I hope to get some thoughts to share with you which will hopefully either help or reassure you

Hello @Rob_Telraam I had the SD card removed at that point and with an SD card reader attached to my -linux- pc…
Hence I ran fsck (file system check) and that gave a load of corruptions…
After that I ran badblocks (low level check of the SD card itself, writes patterns and reads them back to see if the card itself is damaged but that was not the case it seems)
And I booted the telraam PI with a “PI OS” SD card and ran memtester on the 200MB left of memory not in use by the OS … but not found any errors in the end either…
I now flashed the developer version on the SD card and that´s now running…